MANAGE PHA, TEST TODAY
Protect your calf crop: Test for PHA.
Pulmonary Hypoplasia with Anasarca (PHA) is a lethal recessive genetic mutation.
PHA-affected calves are born dead with underdeveloped lungs (Pulmonary Hypoplasia) and swelling caused by excessive fluid retention (Anasarca).
Zoetis offers a diagnostic test for the genetic condition PHA. The gene mutation responsible for PHA has been identified and a diagnostic test has been developed by Dr. Jon Beever at the University of Illinois. Zoetis has licensed the test and Dr. Beever has validated its results.
Test for PHA with added confidence.
- Pinpoint PHA genotypes fast and make better breeding decisions
- Reduce potential death loss and costs associated with PHA
- Identify and manage PHA carriers—at Zoetis we test carriers twice for added assurance that they are accurately determined
- Focus on PHA-free animals
- Help eliminate affected progeny and minimize PHA carriers over time
- Boost short- and long-term seedstock value
- Customers are advised to check with their respective breed association for recognized laboratory service providers, testing policies and procedures
ADVANCED GENOMIC SOLUTIONS: LEARN MORE.
Unlock the value of your herd’s genetic potential.Email this page to yourself or a friend
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
Producer StoriesView Additional Stories
In The News
- January 5, 2017 - Iowa Farmer Today Producers have many tools to make best genetic selections
- December 2016 - Brangus Journal The Dance Steps of Genomics Part II: Using Genomics in Your Herd
- December 1, 2016 - Progressive Cattleman Seedstock panel addresses ways to capture the value of good genetics
- December 1, 2016 - AgriLand How the genomics scheme saved suckler farm margins in 2016
- November 23, 2016 - The Cattle Site Massive Funding Boost for New Zealand Beef Genetics Research
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
Download the Microsoft Excel® Beef Order Form to place your order through Zoetis.
If your cattle are registered or recorded with the American Angus Association, click here to place your order online through AGI.
If your cattle are registered or recorded with the Red Angus Association of America, click here to download the Red Angus Order Form and price list.
Watch Sample Collection Videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233- 3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
SEND FORM AND SAMPLES
Mail your order and testing kit samples to:
333 Portage Street, Building 300
Kalamazoo, MI 49007-9970
Please email completed form to:
Customers are advised to check with their respective breed association for recognized laboratory service providers, testing policies and procedures.
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States