BETTER GAIN AND GRADE
GeneMax Focus helps you zero in on the best genetic potential
A trusted product.
GeneMax® Focus™ was created through a collaboration between Angus Genetics Inc. (AGI), Certified Angus Beef® and Zoetis. It is intended for use in commercial Black Angus females (75% or greater).
- GeneMax Focus was created to help select and breed cattle with genetics that can consistently qualify for carcass premiums and value-added feeder cattle marketing programs.
- GeneMax Focus helps identify replacement heifers with superior genetic merit for growth and marbling, leading to continuous improvement in feedlot performance, quality grade and associated economic returns.
- GeneMax Focus is a simple, affordable genomic test for commercial Angus replacement females (75% or greater) designed to enhanced the production efficiency of Certified Angus Beef.
On the ranch, GeneMax Focus can assist with:
- GeneMax Focus delivers genetic predictions for four traits: Weaning weight (WW), Post-weaning feedlot gain (Gain), Carcass weight (CW) and USDA marbling score (Marb)
- GeneMax Focus’ economic selection index, called GMX Score, ranks animals for net returns due to combined genetic merit for growth, carcass weight and quality grade (marbling).
- GeneMax Focus results include Sire Match to HD 50K and i50K tested Angus AI and natural service bull batteries.
In the feedlot, GeneMax Focus helps:
- Manage risk by incorporating gain and grade predictions into more dependable breakeven projections
- Earn premiums through grid marketing of fed cattle with more predictable quality grade performance
- GeneMax Focus Field Study
ADVANCED GENOMIC SOLUTIONS: LEARN MORE.
Unlock the value of your herd’s genetic potential.Email this page to yourself or a friend
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
Producer StoriesView Additional Stories
In The News
- January 5, 2017 - Iowa Farmer Today Producers have many tools to make best genetic selections
- December 2016 - Brangus Journal The Dance Steps of Genomics Part II: Using Genomics in Your Herd
- December 1, 2016 - Progressive Cattleman Seedstock panel addresses ways to capture the value of good genetics
- December 1, 2016 - AgriLand How the genomics scheme saved suckler farm margins in 2016
- November 23, 2016 - The Cattle Site Massive Funding Boost for New Zealand Beef Genetics Research
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
GeneMax Focus is exclusively distributed and ordered through our partners at AGI.Click here to place your order online through AGI or download a GeneMax Focus Excel® Order Form.
Watch Sample Collection Videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233-3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
SEND FORM AND SAMPLES
Mail your order and testing kit samples to:
Angus Genetics Inc. (AGI)
3201 Frederick Avenue
Saint Joseph, MO 64506
UNDERSTANDING YOUR RESULTS
The following guides explain the testing results and reports we will provide to you.
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States