- HD 50K Overview
- HD 50K for Black Angus
- HD 50K for Red Angus
- HD 50K for Brangus
- HD 50K for Global Angus
Accurate. Affordable. Dependable.
- i50K™ efficiently provides dependable genomic-enhanced expected progeny differences (GE-EPDs).
- GE-EPDs empower more informed breeding and marketing decisions throughout the beef supply chain.
- Three options for sample collection: FTA blood cards, hair cards (from the roots of the tail switch), and Allflex® tissue collectors.
- Order sample collectors electronically from Zoetis.
Young, non-parent Brangus animals, GE-EPDs powered by i50K have higher accuracy and less potential error.
- Higher accuracy is roughly equal to 10-20 progeny equivalents, with performance data contributing to conventional EPDs.
- The end result is fewer breeding mistakes and faster, more dramatic genetic advancements in productivity.
Commercial users of Brangus genetics can more dependably buy bulls for prescribed purposes if based on GE-EPDs powered by i50K.
Brangus heifer bulls with favorable GE-EPDs for Calving Ease Direct (CED) and Birth Weight (BW) can be purchased with more confidence and fewer surprises in the form of assisted births.
Brangus bulls can also be identified for the purposes of siring productive replacement heifers (Milk, Calving Ease Maternal-CEM and Scrotal Circumfrence-SC) and/or for producing steers with higher gains (Yearling Weight-YW) in the feedyard and more valuable carcasses (Marbling-IMF and Ribeye Area-REA).
The investment in i50K by Brangus seedstock producers thus enables commercial customers to do a better job of buying bulls that are more dependably matched to their specific needs.
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
Producer StoriesView Additional Stories
In The News
- January 5, 2017 - Iowa Farmer Today Producers have many tools to make best genetic selections
- December 2016 - Brangus Journal The Dance Steps of Genomics Part II: Using Genomics in Your Herd
- December 1, 2016 - Progressive Cattleman Seedstock panel addresses ways to capture the value of good genetics
- December 1, 2016 - AgriLand How the genomics scheme saved suckler farm margins in 2016
- November 23, 2016 - The Cattle Site Massive Funding Boost for New Zealand Beef Genetics Research
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
Download the Microsoft Excel® IBBA Order Form to place your order through Zoetis if your cattle are registered or recorded with the International Brangus Breeders Association (IBBA).
Watch Sample Collection Videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233- 3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
SEND FORM AND SAMPLES
Mail your order and testing kit samples to:
333 Portage Street, Building 300
Kalamazoo, MI 49007-9970
Please email completed form to:
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States