Predict your herd’s future today
You’re in knowledgeable company.
Angus Genetics Inc. (AGI) is the exclusive distributor of Zoetis High-Density 50K for Angus and associated Genomic-Enhanced Expected Progeny Differences (GE-EPDs) and dollar indexes. HD 50K is the dependable, trusted option in genetic evaluation for registered Black Angus cattle in the United States and enables sire assignment for GeneMax®-tested progeny.
- Increases the accuracy of GE-EPDs and indexes, primarily for young Black Angus bulls and heifers, with limited or no progeny, daughters, or carcass information
- Expands the scope of genetic predictions for time consuming, difficult, expensive and hard-to-measure traits, such as heifer pregnancy, dry matter intake, and tenderness
- Delivers more dependable and comprehensive GE-EPDs and indexes, genomic percentile ranks, parentage verification, and sire match assignment for GeneMax tested progeny - all from AGI
- Select, mate and market Angus seedstock with greater confidence
Bull buyers increasingly insist on tested bulls. HD 50K provides the information more buyers want:
- GE-EPDs, indexes and genomic predictions in the form of percentile ranks for 19 traits plus parent verifications
- Percentile ranks are based on a current tested population of over 50,000 animals1
- Increased accuracy from HD 50K marker information and verified parentage is equivalent to tested animals having roughly a dozen progeny, depending upon the specific trait2
Reduce selection and breeding mistakes—with HD 50K you get to know now:
- Selecting heifer bulls: GE-EPDs for calving ease direct and birth weight have accuracies roughly equivalent to bulls with 21 and 13 progeny, respectively2
- Selecting growth/carcass bulls: GE-EPDs for growth, feed efficiency and carcass merit have accuracies roughly equivalent to bulls with 22, 18 and 10 progeny, respectively2
- Selecting all-purpose bulls: GE-EPDs for applicable traits have accuracies roughly equivalent to bulls with 12 progeny/carcasses/daughters2
- For Angus females, GE-EPDs deliver more accuracy than a typical lifetime of progeny performance information contributing to traditional genetic evaluation3
Selection and mating decisions are more profitable when you have HD 50K-enhanced information to help:
- Determine which heifers to keep and breed for replacements, to sell as seedstock or to cull
- Empowered mating decisions for a lifetime of more valuable seedstock progeny
- Identify elite females for embryo transfer or in vitro fertilization
- Determine which bulls to keep, to sell for specific breeding purposes or to market as feeder or fed cattle
ADVANCED GENOMIC SOLUTIONS: LEARN MORE.
Unlock the value of your herd’s genetic potential.Email this page to yourself or a friend
- Data on file, Average accuracy of GE-EPDs powered by HD50K based on verified pedigree and HD 50K information, Zoetis, Inc.
- Approximate progeny equivalents associated with accuracy of GE-EPDs powered by HD 50K based on verified pedigree and HD 50K information. Progeny equivalents for carcass traits are actually progeny carcass traits and are actual progeny carcass records – equates to ultrasound scans from approximately 30 progeny.
- Beef 2007-08, Part IV: Reference of Beef Cow-calf Management Practices in the United States, 2007-08. National Animal Health Monitoring System, U.S. Department of Agriculture. Available at: http://www.aphis.Usda.gov/animal_health/nahms/beefcowcalf/Opens in a new window.Accessed August 6, 2013.
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
Producer StoriesView Additional Stories
In The News
- January 5, 2017 - Iowa Farmer Today Producers have many tools to make best genetic selections
- December 2016 - Brangus Journal The Dance Steps of Genomics Part II: Using Genomics in Your Herd
- December 1, 2016 - Progressive Cattleman Seedstock panel addresses ways to capture the value of good genetics
- December 1, 2016 - AgriLand How the genomics scheme saved suckler farm margins in 2016
- November 23, 2016 - The Cattle Site Massive Funding Boost for New Zealand Beef Genetics Research
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
HD 50K for Black Angus is exclusively distributed and ordered through our partners at AGI.Click here to place your order onlineOpens in a new window through AGI.
Watch Sample Collection Videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233-3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
SEND FORM AND SAMPLES
Mail your order and testing kit samples to:
Angus Genetics Inc. (AGI)
3201 Frederick Avenue
Saint Joseph, MO 64506
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States