More accurate and profitable genetic decisions
- Currently distributed by Zoetis, in collaboration with the Red Angus Association of America (RAAA)
- Predict the genetic merit of Red Angus, and red gene carrier Black Angus animals
- Delivers GE-EPDs that integrate genomic predictions with pedigree and performance data from the RAAA
- More accurate GE-EPDs and indexes, genomic percentile ranks, parentage verification, and genomic predictions for hard-to-measure traits
Bull buyers increasingly insist on tested bulls. HD 50K delivers the information buyers want:
- GE-EPDs, indexes and genetic predictions/percentile ranks for 13 traits, two indexes, plus parentage verifications
- Genomic percentile ranks are based on reference population of about 8,000 animals1
- The resulting accuracy from HD 50K marker information and verified parentage is equivalent to an initial progeny proof of roughly a dozen calves, depending upon the trait2
Reduce selection and breeding mistakes—with HD 50K you get to know now:
- Heifer bulls: GE-EPDs for calving ease direct and birth weight have accuracies roughly equivalent to bulls with 22 and 13 progeny, respectively2
- Growth/carcass bulls: GE-EPDs for growth and carcass merit have accuracies roughly equivalent to bulls with 15 and 10 progeny, respectively2
- All-purpose bulls: GE-EPDs for applicable traits have accuracies roughly equivalent to bulls with 12 progeny/carcasses/daughters2
- Includes genomic predictions in the form of percentile ranks for dry matter intake and tenderness2
- For females, GE-EPDs deliver more accuracy than a typical lifetime of progeny performance information contributing to traditional genetic evaluation3
ADVANCED GENOMIC SOLUTIONS: LEARN MORE.
Unlock the value of your herd’s genetic potential.Email this page to yourself or a friend
Selection and mating decisions are more profitable when you have HD 50K-enhanced information to:
- Empower mating decisions for a lifetime of more valuable seedstock progeny
- Determine which heifers to keep and breed for replacement, to sell as seedstock or to cull
- Identify elite females for embryo transfer or in vitro fertilization
- Decide which bulls to keep, to sell for breeding purposes or to market
- Need help getting started or understanding your results? Call or email. Our dedicated team of experts is ready to help.
- Data on file, Average accuracy of GE-EPDs powered by HD50K based on verified pedigree and HD 50K information, Zoetis, Inc.
- Approximate progeny equivalents associated with accuracy of GE-EPDs powered by HD 50K based on verified pedigree and HD 50K information. Progeny equivalents for carcass traits are actually progeny carcass traits and are actual progeny carcass records – equates to ultrasound scans from approximately 30 progeny.
- Beef 2007-08, Part IV: Reference of Beef Cow-calf Management Practices in the United States, 2007-08. National Animal Health Monitoring System, U.S. Department of Agriculture. Available at: http://www.aphis.Usda.gov/animal_health/nahms/beefcowcalf/Opens in a new window.Accessed August 6, 2013.
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
Producer StoriesView Additional Stories
In The News
- January 5, 2017 - Iowa Farmer Today Producers have many tools to make best genetic selections
- December 2016 - Brangus Journal The Dance Steps of Genomics Part II: Using Genomics in Your Herd
- December 1, 2016 - Progressive Cattleman Seedstock panel addresses ways to capture the value of good genetics
- December 1, 2016 - AgriLand How the genomics scheme saved suckler farm margins in 2016
- November 23, 2016 - The Cattle Site Massive Funding Boost for New Zealand Beef Genetics Research
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
Download the Microsoft Excel® Red Angus Beef Order Form to place your order through Zoetis if your cattle are registered or recorded with the Red Angus Association of America.
Watch Sample Collection Videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233- 3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
SEND FORM AND SAMPLES
Red Angus Association of America
For animals not registered, please mail your order and testing kit samples to:
333 Portage Street, Building 300
Kalamazoo, MI 49007-9970
Please email completed form to:
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States