IDENTIFY THE SUPERIOR GENETICS IN YOUR HERD TODAY
More accurate and profitable genetic decisions
- Currently distributed by Zoetis, in collaboration with the Red Angus Association of America (RAAA)
- Predict the genetic merit of Red Angus, and red gene carrier Black Angus animals
- Delivers GE-EPDs that integrate genomic predictions with pedigree and performance data from the RAAA
- More accurate GE-EPDs and indexes, genomic percentile ranks, parentage verification, and genomic predictions for hard-to-measure traits
Bull buyers increasingly insist on tested bulls. i50K ™delivers the information buyers want:
- GE-EPDs, index and accuracy values and MVP percentile ranks for the complete range of 14 traits routinely evaluated in the RAAA performance program, as well as parentage verification.
- Genomic percentile ranks are based on reference population of about 8,500 animals.1
- GE-EPD accuracy values associated with verified parentage and integration of MVP powered by i50K marker information, equate to an average of 19 progeny equivalents across evaluated traits.2
Reduce selection and breeding mistakes—with i50K you get to know now:
- Heifer bulls: Differentiate genetic merit among young, unproven animals for more dependable selection, mating and marketing decisions.
- Improve the accuracy of EPDs that would otherwise require a first calf crop with performance data in conventional genetic evaluation.
- Get more rapid and competitive breed-wide multi-trait genetic improvements and benefits across the beef supply chain.
- Includes genomic predictions in the form of percentile ranks for dry matter intake and tenderness2
- For females, GE-EPDs deliver more accuracy than a typical lifetime of progeny performance information contributing to traditional genetic evaluation3
ADVANCED GENOMIC SOLUTIONS: LEARN MORE.
Unlock the value of your herd’s genetic potential.Email this page to yourself or a friend
Selection and mating decisions are more profitable when you have i50K-enhanced information to:
- i50K notably enhances the value proposition for Red Angus breeders.
- Red Angus breeders should submit samples at least 30 days in advance of when results are needed for decision-making.
- Data on file, Average accuracy of GE-EPDs powered by HD50K based on verified pedigree and HD 50K information, Zoetis, Inc.
- Approximate progeny equivalents associated with accuracy of GE-EPDs powered by HD 50K based on verified pedigree and HD 50K information. Progeny equivalents for carcass traits are actually progeny carcass traits and are actual progeny carcass records – equates to ultrasound scans from approximately 30 progeny.
- Beef 2007-08, Part IV: Reference of Beef Cow-calf Management Practices in the United States, 2007-08. National Animal Health Monitoring System, U.S. Department of Agriculture. Available at: http://www.aphis.Usda.gov/animal_health/nahms/beefcowcalf/.Accessed August 6, 2013.
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
Producer StoriesView Additional Stories
In The News
- January 5, 2017 - Iowa Farmer Today Producers have many tools to make best genetic selections
- December 2016 - Brangus Journal The Dance Steps of Genomics Part II: Using Genomics in Your Herd
- December 1, 2016 - Progressive Cattleman Seedstock panel addresses ways to capture the value of good genetics
- December 1, 2016 - AgriLand How the genomics scheme saved suckler farm margins in 2016
- November 23, 2016 - The Cattle Site Massive Funding Boost for New Zealand Beef Genetics Research
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
Download the Microsoft Excel® Red Angus Beef Order Form to place your order through Zoetis if your cattle are registered or recorded with the Red Angus Association of America.
Watch Sample Collection Videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233- 3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
SEND FORM AND SAMPLES
Mail your order and testing kit samples to:
333 Portage Street, Building 300
Kalamazoo, MI 49007-9970
Please email completed form to:
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States