Select With Confidence
PREDICGEN HEIFER SELECTION TOOL HELPS COMMERCIAL COW-CALF PRODUCERS
*Bos taurus: Straight-bred or crossbred British/Continental animals that are less than 75% Black Angus
- New, affordable, easy-to-use genetic tool for use on commercial cattle*
- Predicts genetic merit for marbling score, USDA yield grade, carcass grid value and tenderness and supports sire verification
- Helps producers realize higher profits from better decisions made on heifer calves and steer mates based on carcass value
- Informs feeder cattle marketing programs
Better value-added marketing decisions. PredicGEN™ helps commercial cow-calf producers select with confidence.
- Test, select and mate replacements based on PredicGEN carcass trait and sire information and use results to help market steer mates
- PredicGEN helps guide marketing decisions, including retained ownership and merchandising through special feeder cattle marketing programs such as Reputation Feed Cattle and Top Dollar Angus
Performance grid premium of more than $113 per head in just one generation.1
- In one real-world breeding program, the use of PredicGEN results to select replacement heifers and breed them to superior, proven Angus sires resulted in a carcass grid premium of more than $113 per head in just one generation
- Feedyards, packers and consumers are willing to pay for documented quality and yield
- Using PredicGEN alone to sort and select females can add $60 – $80 more in progeny value attributed to informed decisions2
Click here to learn more about this PredicGEN breeding project.
Sire verification benefits
- Known sire information helps make informed breeding decisions (selection and mating) to evaluate and improve maternal, feedlot and carcass traits
- PredicGEN also allows producers to evaluate and better manage bull replacement decisions
Easy-to-use PredicGEN results. It's never been easier to get the data you need to make more profitable decisions about carcass merit.
- Reported as easily interpreted scores from 0 to 100, where 50 is the average and higher scores are desirable for all traits
- Grid merit index results are reported on the same scale and represent underlying economic index values for combined marbling and yield grade.
Exceptional service and support. With PredicGEN, you can count on the same exemplary service and support the cattle industry has come to expect from Zoetis.
Select with confidence
PredicGEN helps progressive commercial cow-calf producers confidently select females for carcass traits. In the diagram, a 100-cow herd with an 85-percent weaning rate will produce 85 calves each season. Assuming a 50/50 male-female split, 43 females will be eligible to fulfill the 20-percent mature herd replacement rate. PredicGEN helps accurately identify females that meet herd genetic goals for carcass traits.
For more information, download our Technical Bulletin.
ADVANCED GENOMIC SOLUTIONS: LEARN MORE.
Unlock the value of your herd’s genetic potential.Email this page to yourself or a friend
- Data on file, Outcomes Research Project #12PETGEN06, Zoetis Inc.
- Assuming typical herd variation in genetic merit for marbling and yield grade where half of replacement heifer candidates are selected based on PredicGEN grid merit, the increase in average genetic merit in selected heifers would result in $10 – $11 additional carcass value per progeny. This is incremental and complementary to any increase in genetic merit associated with sire selection strategies. Over a typical commercial female’s lifetime, this represents an additional $60 – $80 or more in progeny value attributed to PredicGEN selection. Assumes typical grid parameters with an $8 Choice-Select spread.
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
Producer StoriesView Additional Stories
In The News
- January 5, 2017 - Iowa Farmer Today Producers have many tools to make best genetic selections
- December 2016 - Brangus Journal The Dance Steps of Genomics Part II: Using Genomics in Your Herd
- December 1, 2016 - Progressive Cattleman Seedstock panel addresses ways to capture the value of good genetics
- December 1, 2016 - AgriLand How the genomics scheme saved suckler farm margins in 2016
- November 23, 2016 - The Cattle Site Massive Funding Boost for New Zealand Beef Genetics Research
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
Download the Microsoft Excel® Beef Order Form to place your order through Zoetis.
Watch Sample Collection Videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233- 3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
SEND FORM AND SAMPLES
Mail your order and testing kit samples to:
333 Portage Street, Building 300
Kalamazoo, MI 49007-9970
Please email completed form to:
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States