Discover your herd’s potential
- Delivers reliable predictions of genetic merit based on test results of core traits
- Enables more confident selection decisions for a more valuable dairy herd
- Provides a lifetime of information early in life
Do better than relying only on parent average, thanks to CLARIFIDE’s Genomic Predicted Transmitting Ability (GPTA) values1.
- Reveal more about the actual genetic potential of the animal instead of simply measuring an average of the parents’ estimated genetic makeup
- Delivers 60% to 70% reliability2 as opposed to 20% to 30% for parent average3
- Dairy producers can anticipate with confidence and make decisions with science and history on their side
Make smart decisions with fewer guesses when it comes to selection and breeding.
- Recognize high-genetic females and apply sexed semen, embryo transfer, in vitro fertilization, etc. to drive faster progress
- Identify heifers that may be better used as recipients for high-quality embryos, bred with conventional semen or sold for other purposes
- Address fertility haplotypes and genetic conditions that can be better managed in mating programs
- Provides the same or higher level of reliability as data from 115 milking daughters for reproduction—more than a lifetime of information with one test4
- Validate parentage to more correctly address inbreeding through mating programs
CLARIFIDE makes it easier to understand genomics by bringing you information that really matters:
- Nearly 19,000 markers. More than 17,500 markers are reported to CDCB with the remainder used by Zoetis in research and development efforts
- Over 30 production, health and type traits, composite indexes, genetic conditions and haplotypes
- Data that helps you plan more accurately for the short and long term
- Provides electronic reports that can be integrated into some herd management software or mating programs
For more resources on using CLARIFIDE in your herd, please download:
ADVANCED GENOMIC SOLUTIONS: LEARN MORE.
Unlock the value of your herd’s genetic potential.Email this page to yourself or a friend
- GPTA values are derived from the USDA-CDCB dairy genetic evaluation system using CLARIFIDE data.
- Zoetis data on file. Results from analysis of cumulative 3K and 6K results reported from USDA-CDCB dairy genetic evaluation as of September 2012 and associated submission data.
- Source: USDA-CDCB evaluation for CLARIFIDE-tested Holstein females ≤12 months of age as of April 2014. Median value for NM$ in this data set = 22%.
- Zoetis data on file.
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
Producer StoriesView Additional Stories
In The News
- February 25, 2017 - Hoard's Dairyman They make the most of genomic testing
- January 11, 2017 - Dairy Herd Management The Genomics of Fertility and Health Traits
- January 10, 2017 - Dairy Herd Management Genomics Breed Success on Diverse Dairies
- December 20, 2016 - The Bullvine Zoetis and Holstein Association USA Release Top-Ranking Bull Lists with Genomic Predictions for Wellness Traits
- December 8, 2016 - Dairy Herd Management Big Cows Aren't Efficient Cows
- November 30, 2016 - The Bullvine Genomic Testing in Action: How Dairies Use Data to Improve Herd Productivity and Profitability (Video)
- November 23, 2016 - The Bullvine Improve Genetics with Powerful Indexes
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
Download the Microsoft Excel® Dairy Order Form to place your order through Zoetis.
Enrolled in Enlight™?
If you are a Holstein producer, you may place your order online at www.enlightdairy.com
Click here for more information on the CDCB fee structure for genomic testing of U.S. females.
Holstein producers using Enlight™ can order test collectors within Enlight at www.enlightdairy.com.
Watch sample collection videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233-3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States