TESTING IDENTIFIES CARRIERS
Use genomics to help eradicate Brachyspina.
- Calves born with Brachyspina can have severely reduced body weight, a shortened spine, long and thin limbs, a deformed lower jaw and a visible hump between the shoulder blades.
- Brachyspina is a genetic condition caused by a recessive gene mutation. This means an animal must receive a copy from each parent to be affected. Animals receiving one copy are considered “carriers” and can pass it on to their offspring. Animals with no copies are “free” of passing on an unwanted recessive gene.
Test for Brachyspina when you order CLARIFIDE®. Get critical genetic information to:
- Identify and manage carriers of Brachyspina—at Zoetis we test carriers twice to be sure
- Make smarter breeding decisions with this genetic condition information used within a mating program
- Help eliminate Brachyspina from the herd over time
ADVANCED GENOMIC SOLUTIONS: LEARN MORE.
Unlock the value of your herd’s genetic potential.Email this page to yourself or a friend
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
Producer StoriesView Additional Stories
In The News
- July 3, 2018 - Dairy Herd Management Armed With Immunity
- April 25, 2018 - Progressive Dairyman How a 100-pound Holstein herd averages 7 pounds combined fat and protein
- April 5, 2018 - Dairy Herd Management Calf Wellness Traits Now Part of Holstein Genomic Offering
- February 3, 2018 - Dairy Business Dairymen and AI Staff Look to Future of Dairy Breeding
- January 29, 2018 - Progressive Dairyman Genomic testing for genetic gain in a small commercial herd
- January 1, 2018 - Progressive Dairyman How selection for better health impacts dairy profitability
- February 25, 2017 - Hoard's Dairyman They make the most of genomic testing
- December 20, 2016 - The Bullvine Zoetis and Holstein Association USA Release Top-Ranking Bull Lists with Genomic Predictions for Wellness Traits
- November 30, 2016 - The Bullvine Genomic Testing in Action: How Dairies Use Data to Improve Herd Productivity and Profitability (Video)
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
Download the Microsoft Excel® Dairy Order Form to place your order through Zoetis.
Enrolled in Enlight™?
If you are a Holstein producer, you may place your order online at www.enlightdairy.com.
Click here for more information on the CDCB fee structure for genomic testing of U.S. females.
Holstein producers using Enlight™ can order test collectors within Enlight at www.enlightdairy.com.
Watch sample collection videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233-3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States