Genomic technology is ever-evolving. We're here to give you the latest on research, products and strategies to help your dairy herd thrive.
Learn about the positive impact of genetic testing. Breeding specialists and dairy producers share their experiences.
CLARIFIDE® Impacts Herd Performance and Profit
Simon Vander Woude operates Vander Woude Dairy near Merced, California. His innovative use of genomic technology to make herd management decisions has resulted in a more productive, profitable herd. Hear how CLARIFIDE results impact herd decisions now and into the future.
Chaput Farms Improves Herd Genetics with CLARIFIDE
Chaput Farms is home to 850 Holsteins near North Troy, Vermont. Owner Reg Chaput and herd manager Paul Lavoie have worked with their genetic supplier and Zoetis representative to implement a strategy that has resulted in a significant improvement in herd genetics. Kim Morton, genetics and calf team manager, sees the results in larger, healthier, higher performing heifer calves.
Fiscalini Farms Increases Milk Production with CLARIFIDE
Brian Fiscalini with Fiscalini Farms & Cheese, Co., Modesto, California is seeing first-hand the benefits of genomic testing. The animals ranked at the top of the herd based on the CLARIFIDE test are outperforming other herdmates. And ranking animals helps him get the most from those top individuals while culling the bottom end. The result—more milk production from a herd with greater average genetic merit.
Larson Acres Manages Genetic Progress with CLARIFIDE®
Mike Larson with Larson Acres of Evansville, Wisconsin started using CLARIFIDE 3 years ago when they checked the genetic makeup of a group of purchased heifers. They saw the value then, and now they test every heifer in the 2,800-cow herd. Aggressive culling focuses on maximizing the genetics in the top 10 percent leads to more rapid genetic progress. They see it in those high-end heifers once they hit the milking string -- actual production correlates closely with genomics values..
Horsens Homestead Farms Realize the Benefits of Enlight and CLARIFIDE
Horsens Homestead Farms is home to around 500 high-producing Holsteins near Cecil, Wisconsin. Jeff Horsens was one of the first commercial dairy producers to use Enlight, a genetic data management platform developed in partnership with Zoetis and Holstein Association, USA. In this video Jeff shares his experiences with this powerful genetic management tool.
NEWS & MEDIA
Be first to get the latest news about Zoetis Genetics. Learn about breakthroughs in genomic technology.
In the News
All the latest breakthroughs in genomic technology and how genomic science is impacting dairy operations worldwide.
- April 5, 2018 - Dairy Herd Management Calf Wellness Traits Now Part of Holstein Genomic Offering
- February 3, 2018 - Dairy Business Dairymen and AI Staff Look to Future of Dairy Breeding
- January 1, 2018 - Progressive Dairyman How selection for better health impacts dairy profitability
- February 25, 2017 - Hoard's Dairyman They make the most of genomic testing
- January 11, 2017 - Dairy Herd Management The Genomics of Fertility and Health Traits
- January 10, 2017 - Dairy Herd Management Genomics Breed Success on Diverse Dairies
- December 20, 2016 - The Bullvine Zoetis and Holstein Association USA Release Top-Ranking Bull Lists with Genomic Predictions for Wellness Traits
- December 8, 2016 - Dairy Herd Management Big Cows Aren't Efficient Cows
- November 30, 2016 - The Bullvine Genomic Testing in Action: How Dairies Use Data to Improve Herd Productivity and Profitability (Video)
Press Releases & Articles
What’s new at Zoetis Genetics? Learn about new tools, product updates and partnerships. Find out how we’re impacting the industry and making news.
- February 20, 2018 - Press Release
Zoetis Develops First Holstein Reference Genome
- November 16, 2017 - Press Release
Zoetis and American Guernsey Association Announce Genomic Testing Agreement
- September 11, 2017 - Press Release
Wellness Trait Field Study Demonstrates Effectiveness of Clarifide® Plus
- August 31, 2017 - Press Release
Zoetis Introduces SearchPoint™: A Powerful Online Genetic Information Management System for Jersey and Brown Swiss Cattle
- October 5, 2016
Zoetis Takes Home Innovation Award for CLARIFIDE® Plus
- March 1, 2016 - Press Release
Zoetis Launches CLARIFIDE® Plus
- August 3, 2015 - Article
Update on Holstein Haplotype associated with Cholesterol Deficiency (HCD) for August Genetic Evaluations
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States