WHAT IS BOVI-SHIELD GOLD?
Bovi-Shield is a family of vaccines that are labeled to help prevent a variety of respiratory and reproductive viruses and bacterium that affect beef and dairy cattle productivity.
WHAT IS THE DOSE?
All Bovi-Shield GOLD vaccines are 2 mL dose with the exception of Bovi-Shield GOLD FP5 VL5 HB which is a 5 mL dose. In accordance with Beef Quality Assurance guidelines, this product can be administered SC or IM in the neck region.
Employ good animal husbandry and herd health management.
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS?
Do not use in pregnant cows (abortions can result) unless they were vaccinated, according to label directions, with any Bovi-Shield GOLD FP or PregGuard GOLD FP vaccine within the past 12 months. Do not use in calves nursing pregnant cows unless their dams were vaccinated within the past 12 months as described above.
- To help ensure safety in pregnant cattle, heifers must receive at least 2 doses of any Bovi-Shield GOLD FP or PregGuard GOLD FP product with the second dose administered approximately 30 days prebreeding.
- Store at 2°–7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine.
- Do not sterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine. Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy. This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.