Protects the Pig and the Pen 24/9
DRAXXIN is extensively distributed to lung tissues achieving high, prolonged lung concentrations.1,2
Following intramuscular injection, DRAXXIN 1,2
- reached a peak lung concentration of 3.47 µg/mL within 12 hours of dosing, far exceeding the mean peak plasma concentration of 0.581 µg/mL
- achieved lung concentrations 61 times the plasma area under the curve (AUC), the parameter most likely accounting for the overall amount of drug exposure in target tissue
- demonstrated an extremely long half-life of ~6 days
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Withdraw DRAXXIN/DRAXXIN 25 five (5) days prior to slaughter. Do not use in animals known to be hypersensitive to the product.
Click here for DRAXXIN Prescribing Information. Click here for DRAXXIN 25 Prescribing Information.
- Benchaoui HA, Nowakowski M, Sherington J, Rowan TG, Sunderland SJ. Pharmacokinetics and lung tissue concentrations of tulathromycin in swine. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2004;27:203-210.
- McKelvie J, et al. Comparative efficacy of tulathromycin injectable solution (DRAXXIN) for the treatment of experimentally induced respiratory infections in swine. American Association of Swine Veterinarians. Toronto, 2005.