Feeding ACTOGAIN™ 45 in the last 28 to 42 days allows energy to be redirected to make more lean muscle and less fat while optimizing feed efficiency.
Ten years of proven performance:
- Contains ractopamine hydrochloride, which has more than a decade of proven performance as an ingredient in finishing rations
- Recent commercial feedlot study shows ACTOGAIN helped add 17 pounds of live weight gain and 11 pounds of carcass weight gain1
- Ractopamine hydrochloride offers positive return on investment (ROI)1* — and with ACTOGAIN could lower input costs for an even stronger closeout
Flexible label means convenient implementation
- Approved to be fed for 28 to 42 days so you can feed to best fit your feedlot’s marketing goals
- Zero-day pre-slaughter withdrawal allows you to sell cattle when you want
- Can be fed in combination with Rumensin®, Rumensin and Tylan®, Rumensin and MGA®, or Rumensin + Tylan + MGA
- Easily incorporated into a complete feed or in a top dress
Quality development and manufacturing:
- Zoetis manages the manufacturing process from start to finish in the U.S.
- Meets rigorous standards for quality, potency, safety and efficacy for products manufactured in the U.S.
Backed by the Zoetis service and support you trust:
- Technical services team of beef cattle nutritionists, veterinarians and meat scientists answer questions and investigate problems as quickly as possible
- Zoetis will coordinate with nutritionists, feed suppliers and/or micro-ingredient machine partners to help ensure successful implementation
- Benefit from feed assays paid for by Zoetis to ensure ACTOGAIN is properly incorporated into the finishing ration
- The major U.S. beef packers and several others accept cattle fed ACTOGAIN
Cattle naturally become more inefficient the heavier they get. During the last few weeks on feed, they are at their most inefficient in terms of gain and efficiency. Feeding ACTOGAIN™ 45 allows energy to be redirected to make more lean muscle and less fat while optimizing feed efficiency.
And because ACTOGAIN has a zero-day pre-slaughter withdrawal, feedlot managers can sell cattle when they want to meet their marketing goals. The active ingredient in ACTOGAIN, ractopamine hydrochloride, has a demonstrated positive ROI1* — and ACTOGAIN can help lower input costs for an even stronger closeout.
ACTOGAIN joins a long list of trusted feed additives from Zoetis that can be used from the starting through finishing stages, including:
- MGA® for improved weight gain and feed efficiency and estrus suppression in heifers
- AUREOMYCIN® for broad-spectrum control of respiratory and enteric diseases
- BOVATEC® for improved weight gain and feed efficiency while controlling coccidiosis
- AUREO S 700® for maintenance of weight gain in the presence of respiratory disease
- DECCOX® for prevention of coccidiosis
Ask your nutritionist or feed supplier how to best incorporate these feed additives to meet the performance and health goals of your operation.
Appropriate concentration of ractopamine hydrochloride in Type C medicated feed*
Increased rate of weight gain and improved feed efficiency in cattle fed in confinement for slaughter
8.2 to 24.6 g/ton (9 to 27 ppm)
70 to 430 mg/hd/day
28 to 42 days
Increased rate of weight gain, improved feed efficiency and increased carcass leanness** in cattle fed in confinement for slaughter
9.8 to 24.6 g/ton (11 to 27 ppm)
90 to 430 mg/hd/day
28 to 42 days
* Based on 90% dry matter (DM) basis.
** Carcass leanness effects are not an approved indication for use when feeding ractopamine hydrochloride by top dress feeding methods.
ACTOGAIN is approved for use in steers and heifers. It has a zero-day pre-slaughter withdrawal so you can sell cattle on your schedule.
ACTOGAIN is approved to be fed in combination with:
- Rumensin® and Tylan®
- Rumensin and MGA®
- Rumensin and Tylan and MGA
* Based on study of weight gain, assumed market cost and economic analysis.
1 Data on file, Study Report No. A131R-US-13-204, Zoetis Inc.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Do not use ACTOGAIN in animals intended for breeding. Refer to label for complete directions for use, precautions and warnings.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR AUREOMYCIN: Do not use AUREOMYCIN in calves to be processed for veal.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR AUREO S 700: Withdraw AUREO S 700 seven (7) days prior to slaughter. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR BOVATEC: A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal. Do not allow horses or other equines access to premixes or supplements containing lasalocid, as ingestion may be fatal. The safety of lasalocid in unapproved species has not been established. Feeding undiluted or mixing errors resulting in excessive concentrations of lasalocid could be fatal to cattle or sheep.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR DECCOX: Do not use DECCOX in cows producing milk for food.
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States