Only BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT helps provide superior protection against the major respiratory viruses (IBR and BVD types 1 and 2) plus unmatched M. haemolytica protection in one convenient dose.
- M. haemolytica infection can lead to pneumonia and is one of the leading killers of calves.2 In a licensing study, BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT diminished the percent of lung lesions by 79.6% (mitigated fraction) compared with similarly challenged control animals and effectively aided in the prevention of lung tissue damage caused by M. haemolytica.3 BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT has at least 279 days of immunity against infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) and bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) Types 1 and 2 respiratory diseases, longer and more complete demonstrated protection than Pyramid® 5 + Presponse® SQ, which only has demonstrated duration of immunity of 217 days against BVD Type 1b.
Highest level of protection for your cattle
- BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT is the only combination vaccine that prevents three important BRD conditions while also providing the highest-available level of protection against M. haemolytica, levels of protection not offered by Pyramid 5 + Presponse SQ or Vista® Once SQ.
- BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT prevents respiratory disease caused by IBR virus and viremia (viral infection in the bloodstream, which is a precursor to severe systemic clinical signs) from BVD Types 1 and 2 viruses, as well as aids in the prevention of respiratory disease caused by BVD Types 1 and 2 viruses, bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV), parainfluenza 3 (PI3) virus and bovine pneumonia caused by M. haemolytica.
- Zoetis has earned the trust of cattle producers through development of vaccines with the industry’s highest levels of protection and a rich history of effectively protecting cattle against respiratory disease.
Helps boost your bottom line
- BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT helps prevent BRD, which can result in losses of nearly $254 per head.1
- The vaccine is the first and only combination respiratory vaccine licensed to prevent IBR respiratory disease and prevent BVD Types 1 and 2 viremia, which helps minimize the clinical effects of the disease.
- BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT offers the highest level of protection available against M. haemolytica — the No. 1 calf killer.2
- Convenient one-dose protection helps protect calves from BRD through weaning and on arrival, your busiest times of the year.
- BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT is a product that resulted from 25 years of research and development investment. Using the best technology and experience with BOVI-SHIELD GOLD 5 and ONE SHOT as separate vaccines, Zoetis combined the antigens in the two vaccines into one vaccine that maintains the same high level of efficacy and safety with the convenience of a single dose.
Pyramid and Presponse are registered trademarks of Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. Vista is the registered trademark of Intervet Inc. or an affiliate.
Product Description: BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT is a freeze-dried preparation of modified-live virus (MLV) strains of IBR, BVD (Types 1 and 2), PI3 and BRSV viruses and product prepared from whole cultures of Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica propagated to increase the production of leukotoxin and capsular and cell-associated antigens. A sterile diluent, containing adjuvant to enhance the immune response, is provided to rehydrate the freeze-dried fraction.
Label Claims: BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT is for vaccination of healthy cattle to prevent respiratory disease caused by IBR virus and viremia caused by BVD Types 1 and 2 viruses; and as an aid in preventing respiratory disease caused by BVD Types 1 and 2 viruses, PI3 virus, BRSV and bovine pneumonia caused by M. haemolytica Type A1. A duration of immunity of at least nine months has been demonstrated against IBR and BVD Types 1 and 2 respiratory disease.
Packaging: 5-, 10- and 50-dose vials
BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT® may be administered to pregnant cattle provided they were vaccinated, according to label directions, with any BOVI-SHIELD GOLD FP® or PREGGUARD® GOLD FP vaccine within the past 12 months. BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT also may be administered to calves nursing pregnant cows provided their dams were vaccinated within the past 12 months as described above. To help ensure safety in pregnant cattle, heifers must receive at least 2 doses of any BOVI-SHIELD GOLD FP or PREGGUARD GOLD FP product with the second dose administered approximately 30 days prebreeding.
General Directions: Vaccination of healthy cattle is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried component with the sterile diluent provided, shake well and administer 2 mL subcutaneously. In accordance with Beef Quality Assurance guidelines, this product should be administered in the neck region.
Primary Vaccination: Administer a single 2-mL dose to healthy cattle. To avoid possible maternal antibody interference with active immunization, calves vaccinated before the age of 6 months should be revaccinated after 6 months of age or at weaning.
Revaccination: Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended. Good management practices support revaccination whenever subsequent stress or exposure is likely.
PRECAUTIONS: Do not use in pregnant cows (abortions can result) unless they were vaccinated, according to label directions, with any BOVI-SHIELD GOLD FP or PREGGUARD GOLD FP vaccine within the past 12 months. Do not use in calves nursing pregnant cows unless their dams were vaccinated within the past 12 months as described above. To help ensure safety in pregnant cattle, heifers must receive at least 2 doses of any BOVI-SHIELD GOLD FP or PREGGUARD GOLD FP product with the second dose administered approximately 30 days prebreeding.
- Store at 2° to 7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine.
- Do not sterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine.
- Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- Contains gentamicin as preservative.
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
- This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions or are otherwise immunocompromised, or if the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.
1 Neibergs HL, Neibergs JS, Wojtowicz AJ, Taylor JF, Seabury CM, Womack JE. Economic benefits of using genetic selection to reduce the prevalence of bovine respiratory disease complex in beef feedlot cattle reported during June 2014, in Proceedings. 2014 Beef Improvement Federation 2014;82-87.
2 U.S. Department of Agriculture. Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service. Mortality of Calves and Cattle on U.S. Beef Cow-calf Operations. http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/nahms/beefcowcalf/downloads/beef0708/Beef0708_is_Mortality.pdf. Published May 2010. Accessed April 22, 2016.
3 Data on file, Study Report No. 3131W-60-11-843, Zoetis Inc.
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States