DECTOMAX® and VALBAZEN®: Two Products Your Entire Operation Will Agree On
The parasite control portfolio from Zoetis offers producers flexibility with two distinctive molecules that have stood the test of time under real-world conditions.
Backed by reliable science and quality manufacturing, veterinarians and producers can be confident that DECTOMAX® and VALBAZEN® will consistently control internal and external parasites.
DECTOMAX® Injectable controls more types and larval stages of internal and external parasites than any other injectable.
- In stocker trials, cattle treated with DECTOMAX Injectable for internal parasites were able outgain cattle treated with injectable ivermectin or ivermectin with clorsulon by up to 26 pounds.1
- Preweaned calves treated with DECTOMAX Injectable before they went to summer pasture gained 28 pounds more than untreated calves (p = 0.05) by the time they were weaned.2
- DECTOMAX Injectable solution has been proven to effectively control infections and protect cattle from reinfection with:
- Cooperia punctata, Oesophagostomum radiatum and Dictyocaulus viviparus for 28 days
- Ostertagia ostertagi for 21 days
- Cooperia oncophora and Haemonchus placei for 14 days
- DECTOMAX Injectable solution is labeled for up to 21 days of activity against Ostertagia ostertagi, one of the most damaging internal parasites.
- Controlling infection over an extended period delays accumulation of adult worms, subsequently reducing the number of parasite eggs shed onto pasture.
DECTOMAX® Pour-On has the longest duration of any nonprescription product in the market.
- Compared with ivermectin pour-on, cattle treated with DECTOMAX Pour-On demonstrated greater live weight at slaughter, 773 pounds compared with 752 pounds.3
- The weatherproof formulation for parasite control that won’t wash off.
- DECTOMAX Pour-On protects against the biting cattle louse (Bovicola (Damalinia) bovis) for up to 77 days — more than 20 days longer than Ivomec®.
- DECTOMAX Pour-On is the only pour-on with duration against long-nosed cattle louse (Linognathus vituli) at 42 days.
- DECTOMAX Pour-On controls 33 stages of internal and external parasites with a single, convenient application.
- DECTOMAX Pour-On has been proven to effectively control infections and to protect cattle from reinfection with:
- Haemonchus placei for 35 days
- Ostertagia ostertagi, Cooperia punctata and Oesophagostomum radiatum for 28 days
- Cooperia oncophora and Dictyocaulus viviparus for 21 days
- Horn flies for seven days
- It is safe for use on any age and class of beef cattle, including pregnant beef cows. For use only in dairy calves 18 months or younger.
VALBAZEN® Suspension is the only oral drench that controls Cooperia spp., Ostertagia ostertagi and liver flukes. With the broadest spectrum of internal parasite control available in the category, VALBAZEN offers effective control against key parasites.
- VALBAZEN controls the fourth-stage larvae of five key internal parasites and the inhibited larvae of Ostertagia ostertagi.
- While the dosage volume of VALBAZEN is larger than Safe-Guard® or Synanthic®, VALBAZEN has the most effective dosage, covering 25% more parasites and life stages than Safe-Guard and 47% more than Synanthic.
PRECAUTIONS FOR DECTOMAX® INJECTABLE
- For subcutaneous or intramuscular injection in cattle only.
- Residue warning: Do not slaughter for human consumption within 35 days of treatment. A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
- Warning: Not for human use. Keep out of reach of children.
PRECAUTIONS FOR DECTOMAX POUR-ON
- For topical use in cattle only. This product is to be applied to the skin surface only. Do not administer orally or parenterally. Do not apply to areas of skin which are caked with mud or manure.
- DECTOMAX Pour-On may be irritating to human skin and eyes, and users should be careful not to apply it to themselves or to other persons. Operators should wear protective clothing including a long-sleeved shirt, rubber gloves and boots with a waterproof coat when applying the product.
- Protective clothing should be washed after use. If accidental skin contact occurs, wash the affected area immediately with soap and water. If accidental eye exposure occurs, flush the eyes immediately with water and get medical attention. Wash hands after use. Do not smoke or eat while handling the product.
- Warning: Flammable! Keep away from heat, sparks, open flame and other sources of ignition. Not for human use. Keep out of reach of children.
PRECAUTION FOR DECTOMAX INJECTABLE AND POUR-ON
- DECTOMAX is highly effective against all stages of cattle grubs. However, proper timing of treatment is important. For most effective results, cattle should be treated as soon as possible after the end of the heel fly (warble) season. Destruction of Hypoderma larvae (cattle grubs) when these grubs are in vital areas may cause undesirable host-parasite reactions, including the possibility of fatalities. Killing Hypoderma lineatum when it is in the tissue surrounding the gullet may cause bloat. Killing H. bovis when it is in the vertebral canal may cause staggering or paralysis. These reactions are not specific to treatment with DECTOMAX, but can occur with any systemic treatment for grubs. Cattle should be treated either before or after these stages of grub development. Consult your veterinarian concerning the proper time for treatment. Cattle treated with DECTOMAX after the end of heel fly season may be re-treated during the winter for internal parasites, mange mites or lice without danger of grub-related reactions. A planned parasite-control program is recommended.
1Data on file, Study Reports No. 2239A-60-00-029, 2239A-60-00-030, 2239A-60-00-033, 2239A-60-94-003, 239A-60-94-007, 2239A-60-94-067, 2239A-60-94-068, 2239A-60-94-070, 2239A-60-95-156 and 2839A-60-97-123, Zoetis Inc.
2 Data on file, Study Report No. 15CAPETB1O01B, Zoetis Inc.
3 Data on file, Study Report No. 2339D-02-06-003D, Zoetis Inc.
DECTOMAX Injectable has a 35-day pre-slaughter withdrawal period. DECTOMAX Pour-On has a 45-day pre-slaughter withdrawal period. Do not use in female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal. DECTOMAX has been developed specifically for cattle and swine. Use in dogs may result in fatalities.
Cattle must not be slaughtered within 27 days after the last treatment with VALBAZEN. Do not use in female dairy cattle of breeding age. Do not administer to female cattle during the first 45 days of pregnancy or for 45 days after removal of bulls.
All trademarks are the property of Zoetis Services LLC or a related company or a licensor unless otherwise noted. Ivomec is a registered trademark of Merial. Safe-Guard is a registered trademark of Intervet Inc. or an affiliate. Synanthic is a registered trademark of Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc.
© 2018 Zoetis Services LLC. All rights reserved. DMX-00108
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States