5-in-1 Protection for Cats: Fleas, Heartworms, Roundworms, Hookworms and Ear Mites
REVOLUTION® (selamectin) helps simplify life for your cat-owning clients. In one easy-to-administer monthly dose, it provides protection against five parasites:*
- Fleas—see why REVOLUTION is veterinarians' #1 choice for protection against fleas.1
- Heartworms—learn about REVOLUTION as veterinarians' #1 choice for protection against heartworms.1
- Ear mites*
Roundworms, Hookworms And Ear Mites
In addition to the protection it provides against fleas and heartworms, REVOLUTION treats and controls roundworm infections, hookworm infections and ear mite infestations. Many cat owners may not even realize that their cats are at risk from these parasites.
Cats like catching "treats"—but infected prey or contaminated soil,10 both of which can find their way indoors, can pass roundworms to cats. That puts even indoor-only cats at risk.
- In a field study of naturally acquired infections, REVOLUTION demonstrated 99.6% efficacy at day 30 and 99.9% efficacy at day 60.11
- In three laboratory efficacy studies, REVOLUTION provided 100.0% reduction of the mean number of adult roundworms compared with non-treated controls at day 14 (p≤0.0018).12
Cats are natural hunters, so they're at risk of hookworm infection from infected prey—including prey caught indoors, like cockroaches.11
- In a field study of naturally acquired infections, REVOLUTION demonstrated 98.3% efficacy at day 30 and 100.0% efficacy at day 60.12
- In four laboratory efficacy studies, REVOLUTION provided 84.7, 91.4, 99.7 and 99.4% reduction of mean number of adult hookworms compared with non-treated controls at day (p≤0.02) with a single dose.13
Ear mites are highly contagious and can come into the house with other pets.
- In two studies, REVOLUTION was 100% effective against naturally acquired ear mite infestations after a single dose.14-15
- In one of those studies, REVOLUTION demonstrated efficacy compared with non-treated controls at day 30 (p≤0.001).15