- SIMBADOL (package insert), Florham Park, NJ, Zoetis, 2014.
- Data on file. Clinical Efficacy (Soft Tissue), 08-30-MC-D-CT-BP, and Clinical Efficacy (Orthopedic), 08-31-MC-D-CT-BP. Zoetis.
- Hellyer PW, Uhrig SR, Robinson NG. Colorado State University Veterinary Medical Center feline acute pain scale. 2006.
- Brondani, JT, Luna SP, Padovani CR. Refinement and initial validation of a multidimensional composite scale for use in assessing acute postoperative pain in cats. Am J Vet Res. 2011;72(2):174-183.
- Calvo G, Holden E, Reid J, et al. Development of a behaviour-based measurement tool with defined intervention level for assessing acute pain in cats. J Small Anim Pract. 2014;55(12):622-629.
- Freedom of Information Summary, NADA 141-434, SIMBADOL, July 18, 2014.
- Grim K, Tranquilli W, Lamont L, eds. Essentials of Small Animal Anesthesia and Analgesia. 2nd ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell; 2011:99.
- Heel RC, Brogden RN, Speight TM, et al. Buprenorphine: a review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy. Drugs. 1979;17(2):81-110.
- Steagall PV, Pelligand L, Giordano T, et al. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modelling of intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous buprenorphine in conscious cats. Vet Anaesth Analg. 2013;40(1):83-95.
To better provide you with information on feline pain control, we have provided a collection of videos and documents relating to the use, formulation and effects of SIMBADOL on cats following surgery.
The mechanics behind SIMBADOL.
SIMBADOL, the only FDA approved buprenorphine for cats, provides 24-hours of continuous pain control for cats following surgery. Watch our Mechanism of Action video to learn more about the use, formulation and the science behind SIMBADOL.
Watch vets explain SIMBADOL's use and benefits.
Watch as veterinarians and animal health experts explain the use and benefits of SIMBADOL as the only FDA approved buprenorphine for cats that provides 24-hour pain control following surgery.
Enhancing Feline Pain Management Strategies
Practicing veterinarians and University experts discuss proper pain management in feline patients.
The SIMBADOL tearpad serves as a supplement to a veterinarian's verbal instructions following surgery. It provides a list of expectations for pet owners including changes in mood and physical symptoms related to the use of SIMBADOL. The tearpad also provides a guide illustrating common movements, vocalizations and changes in behavior that a cat in pain may exhibit, giving pet owners a valuable take-home reference. For a full-color version, contact a ZOETIS representative.View a sample tearpad
SIMBADOL Technical Monograph
The SIMBADOL Technical Monograph serves as a resource for veterinarians and practice staff to fully describe all safety and efficacy studies that supported FDA approval of SIMBADOL.View Document
Try SIMBADOL Today
Download our entire list of FAQs to find the info you're looking for.DOWNLOAD SIMBADOL FAQS
INDICATION: SIMBADOL is indicated for the control of postoperative pain associated with surgical procedures in cats.
See References for detailed information about research studies referenced on this website.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Due to serious human safety and abuse concerns, including physical or psychological dependence, life-threatening respiratory depression and additive CNS depressant effects, read the full prescribing information before using this drug, including the complete Boxed Warning. Not for use in humans. Hospital staff should be trained in the handling of potent opioids and should avoid accidental exposure. SIMBADOL has not been evaluated in breeding, pregnant, or lactating cats, in cats younger than 4 months of age or moribund cats. Do not use in cats with known hypersensitivity to buprenorphine hydrochloride or any of the components of SIMBADOL, or known intolerance to opioids. Use with caution in cats with impaired hepatic function. Adverse reactions may include hyperthermia, tachycardia, hypotension, hypertension, hypothermia, anorexia, and hyperactivity. For more safety information, refer to the full Prescribing Information.
All trademarks are the property of Zoetis Services LLC or a related company or a licensor unless otherwise noted.
Zoetis Services LLC. All rights reserved. SIM-00052
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States