- SIMBADOL (package insert), Florham Park, NJ, Zoetis, 2014.
- Data on file. Clinical Efficacy (Soft Tissue), 08-30-MC-D-CT-BP, and Clinical Efficacy (Orthopedic), 08-31-MC-D-CT-BP. Zoetis.
- Hellyer PW, Uhrig SR, Robinson NG. Colorado State University Veterinary Medical Center feline acute pain scale. 2006.
- Brondani, JT, Luna SP, Padovani CR. Refinement and initial validation of a multidimensional composite scale for use in assessing acute postoperative pain in cats. Am J Vet Res. 2011;72(2):174-183.
- Calvo G, Holden E, Reid J, et al. Development of a behaviour-based measurement tool with defined intervention level for assessing acute pain in cats. J Small Anim Pract. 2014;55(12):622-629.
- Freedom of Information Summary, NADA 141-434, SIMBADOL, July 18, 2014.
- Grim K, Tranquilli W, Lamont L, eds. Essentials of Small Animal Anesthesia and Analgesia. 2nd ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell; 2011:99.
- Heel RC, Brogden RN, Speight TM, et al. Buprenorphine: a review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy. Drugs. 1979;17(2):81-110.
- Steagall PV, Pelligand L, Giordano T, et al. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modelling of intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous buprenorphine in conscious cats. Vet Anaesth Analg. 2013;40(1):83-95.
STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH
Want to be the first to know about upcoming conferences, events, promotions and the latest industry news on SIMBADOL, which provides 24-hour postoperative pain control for cats? Provide some basic information below, and we’ll keep you in the loop.
Thank you. Check your email for details on your request.
Try SIMBADOL Today
Download our entire list of FAQs to find the info you're looking for.DOWNLOAD SIMBADOL FAQS
INDICATION: SIMBADOL is indicated for the control of postoperative pain associated with surgical procedures in cats.
See References for detailed information about research studies referenced on this website.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Due to serious human safety and abuse concerns, including physical or psychological dependence, life-threatening respiratory depression and additive CNS depressant effects, read the full prescribing information before using this drug, including the complete Boxed Warning. Not for use in humans. Hospital staff should be trained in the handling of potent opioids and should avoid accidental exposure. SIMBADOL has not been evaluated in breeding, pregnant, or lactating cats, in cats younger than 4 months of age or moribund cats. Do not use in cats with known hypersensitivity to buprenorphine hydrochloride or any of the components of SIMBADOL, or known intolerance to opioids. Use with caution in cats with impaired hepatic function. Adverse reactions may include hyperthermia, tachycardia, hypotension, hypertension, hypothermia, anorexia, and hyperactivity. For more safety information, refer to the full Prescribing Information.
All trademarks are the property of Zoetis Services LLC or a related company or a licensor unless otherwise noted.
Zoetis Services LLC. All rights reserved. SIM-00052
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States