Learn how APOQUEL® has been helping itchy dogs and their families1
- Bijou had started to lick and scratch herself to the point of distraction, causing distress for both herself and her owner, who was accustomed to taking Bijou with him everywhere he went
- Bijou's owner took her to the veterinarian, who diagnosed early signs of atopic dermatitis and prescribed APOQUEL as first-line treatment for quick relief
- Within just 2 days, Bijou's itching was greatly reduced and she was able to travel with her owner again
“ She’s been my emotional support dog for a lot of years now and I didn’t want to travel without her. Now that we have APOQUEL, we’re a team again. ”
– Bijou’s owner, 11/10/16
- Gunner developed a severe allergy, which caused a hot spot
- Gunner was diagnosed with pyoderma secondary to allergic dermatitis; he was given CONVENIA for the infection and APOQUEL for the itch
- Within 24 hours, Gunner had stopped scratching and rolling on the floor and was lively and playful again
“ Once I left the clinic knowing that the injection from CONVENIA and the APOQUEL were on board initially, and I saw the relief in Gunner, I felt relief myself. ”
– Gunner’s owner, 11/10/16
- Nani, a 13-year-old rescue, had started to scratch constantly and chew her feet after spending time outside
- She had formerly loved playing in the grass but she became reluctant to even go outside because of her severe grass allergy
- Dr. Hutchens reached for APOQUEL first to provide fast relief for Nani's scratching, which stopped after just one dose
“ Nani is my heart, my soul, my protector. And I would do anything for her. We can do the things that she and I love to do….
[Now], with APOQUEL, I have no worries at all. ”
– Nani’s owner, 11/10/16
- Captain’s itching disrupted the whole family; his owners had trouble sleeping because of the sound of Captain constantly licking his wounds
- Many months of treatment with lotions, shampoos, injections and antihistamines did not help
- Steroids caused lethargy and a weight gain of nearly 20 pounds
- APOQUEL calmed the itching within a week, and today Captain is healthy and active
“ Today Captain is very healthy. He’s lost 15 pounds in the last year, and at his last vet appointment they ranked him a 10/10 for health. We’re so glad that we get to have him for the rest of his life, and that he’s such a big part of our family. ”
– Captain’s owner, 12/10/13
- Molly’s lifelong allergies and itching made her so miserable that all she did was lie around all day
- Steroid treatment led to excessive thirst and “accidents” in the house
- APOQUEL helped within a few days, greatly improving Molly’s energy and the family’s life
“ She loves going for walks. She just has such a different personality than she had before—or maybe she had that personality and it was just masked by all the pain and the suffering before. ”
– Molly’s owner, 12/10/13
The animal health information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with an animal healthcare professional. Testimonials represent individual experience only and the experiences and opinions herein may be unique to the patient and the speaker. Individual results may vary considering the unique characteristics of the patient.
Control of pruritus associated with allergic dermatitis and control of atopic dermatitis in dogs at least 12 months of age.
APOQUEL Important Safety Information
Do not use APOQUEL in dogs less than 12 months of age or those with serious infections. APOQUEL may increase the chances of developing serious infections, and may cause existing parasitic skin infestations or pre-existing cancers to get worse. APOQUEL has not been tested in dogs receiving some medications including some commonly used to treat skin conditions such as corticosteroids and cyclosporine. Do not use in breeding, pregnant, or lactating dogs. Most common side effects are vomiting and diarrhea. APOQUEL has been used safely with many common medications including parasiticides, antibiotics and vaccines.
For more information, please see the full Prescribing Information.
CONVENIA Important Safety Information
People with known hypersensitivity to penicillin or cephalosporins should avoid exposure to CONVENIA. Do not use in dogs or cats with a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. Side effects for both dogs and cats include vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite/anorexia and lethargy. See full Prescribing Information.
Reference: 1. Data on file, Pet Owner Case Studies–Bijou, Gunner, Nani, Captain and Molly, Zoetis Inc.
The product information provided in this site is intended only for residents of the United States. The products discussed herein may not have marketing authorization or may have different product labeling in different countries. The animal health information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with an animal healthcare professional. All decisions regarding the care of a veterinary patient must be made with an animal healthcare professional, considering the unique characteristics of the patient.
All trademarks are the property of Zoetis Services LLC or a related company or a licensor unless otherwise noted.
© 2017 Zoetis Services LLC. All rights reserved. APQ-00371
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States