YOUR ANTIBIOTIC OF CHOICE
Trusted for more than 30 years
ranked anti-infective by veterinarians for use and loyalty.1
cats and dogs have been treated with CLAVAMOX in the last decade alone.2
of innovation and dedication by Zoetis to making animals’ lives better.
Sign in to purchase
ABOUT CLAVAMOX® (amoxicillin/clavulanic acid)
As the No. 1 anti-infective ranked by veterinarians for use and loyalty,1 CLAVAMOX provides a unique dual mode of action that provides broad-spectrum coverage.
- Potentiated penicillin approved for veterinary use in dogs and cats
- Combines the broad-spectrum antibiotic activity of amoxicillin with the unique β-lactamase-inhibiting effect of clavulanic acid for antimicrobial activity
- Activity against many Gram-positive and Gram-negative aerobic and anaerobic bacteria
- Effective in treating skin infections in dogs and cats, periodontal infections in dogs and urinary tract infections in cats
RESPONSIBLE USE OF ANTIBIOTICS
Learn How Zoetis Supports Veterinary Oversight of Antibiotic UseLEARN MORE »
INDICATIONS FOR DOGS
- Skin and soft tissue infections such as wounds, abscesses, cellulitis, superficial/juvenile and deep pyoderma due to susceptible strains of the following organisms: β-lactamase-producing Staphylococcus aureus, non-β-lactamase-producing Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp. and Escherichia coli.
- Periodontal infections due to susceptible strains of both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria.
INDICATIONS FOR CATS
- Skin and soft tissue infections such as wounds, abscesses, cellulitis/dermatitis due to susceptible strains of the following organisms: β-lactamase-producing Staphylococcus aureus, non-β-lactamase-producing Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Escherichia coli and Pasteurella spp.
- Urinary tract infections (cystitis) due to susceptible strains of Escherichia coli.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
Please refer to the full Prescribing Information for complete dosage and administration information.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: People with known hypersensitivity to penicillin or cephalosporins should avoid exposure to CLAVAMOX. Do not use in animals with a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. See full Prescribing Information.