prescribed veterinary antibiotic.1
cats and dogs have been treated with CLAVAMOX in the last decade alone.2
of innovation and dedication by Zoetis to making animals’ live better, fueled by your support of medications like CLAVAMOX.
NEW CLAVAMOX® CHEWABLE (amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablets)
- Highly Palatable — The same pork-liver-flavored base as RIMADYL® (carprofen) Chewable
- Easy to Administer — Relief for pet owners from the stress and anxiety of struggling to medicate their pets
- Tried & True — Same strengths, dosing and efficacy of original CLAVAMOX Tablets
Your clients and patients will love CLAVAMOX CHEWABLE, and they’ll love you for prescribing it.
In a well-controlled U.S. field study that included 1,567 doses administered to 112 dogs, CLAVAMOX CHEWABLE received 83% overall voluntary acceptance from an empty bowl or owner’s hand.**,3
ABOUT CLAVAMOX® (amoxicillin trihydrate/clavulanate potassium)
- Potentiated penicillin approved for veterinary use in dogs and cats
- Combines the broad-spectrum antibiotic activity of amoxicillin with the unique β-lactamase-inhibiting effect of clavulanic acid for antimicrobial activity
- Activity against many Gram-positive and Gram-negative aerobic and anaerobic bacteria
- Effective in treating skin infections in dogs and cats, periodontal infections in dogs and urinary tract infections in cats
- Available in chewables, drops and tablets
INDICATIONS FOR DOGS
- Skin and soft tissue infections such as wounds, abscesses, cellulitis, superficial/juvenile and deep pyoderma due to susceptible strains of the following organisms: β-lactamase-producing Staphylococcus aureus, non-β-lactamase-producing Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp. and Escherichia coli.
- Periodontal infections due to susceptible strains of both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria.
INDICATIONS FOR CATS
- Skin and soft tissue infections such as wounds, abscesses, cellulitis/dermatitis due to susceptible strains of the following organisms: β-lactamase-producing Staphylococcus aureus, non-β-lactamase-producing Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Escherichia coli and Pasteurella spp.
- Urinary tract infections (cystitis) due to susceptible strains of Escherichia coli.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
Please refer to the full Prescribing Information for complete dosage and administration information.
RESPONSIBLE USE OF ANTIBIOTICS
Learn How Zoetis Supports Veterinary Oversight of Antibiotic UseLEARN MORE »
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: People with known hypersensitivity to penicillin or cephalosporins should avoid exposure to CLAVAMOX. Do not use in animals with a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. See full Prescribing Information.