Veterinarians’ Trusted Source for Heartworm Treatment.
DIROBAN® (melarsomine dihydrochloride)
Zoetis is the only animal health company that offers canine heartworm prevention, detection and treatment.
- Melarsomine dihydrochloride is the preferred treatment for heartworm disease by the American Heartworm Society and Companion Animal Parasite Council.1-2
- The sooner adult and immature worms are killed, the sooner your patient and client return to their normal lives.
- Helps preserve the human-animal bond by shortening the recovery time over slow kill.
- Zoetis provides clinics and pet owners with support to help educate and manage heartworm treatment expectations.
- Here when you need it.
- Immiticide® (melarsomine dihydrochloride) experienced intermittent supply shortages.3
Slow Kill Treatment
Why Slow Kill Is the Inferior Treatment
- The American Heartworm Society does NOT recommend slow kill as a treatment of heartworm disease.1
- The longer adult worms are present, pathology continues to develop. Treatment with DIROBAN will shorten the duration of infection by months or even years.
- When slow kill is used as a treatment, up to 20% of heartworm-infected dogs will continue to have persistent circulating microfilaria.4
- Those dogs act as reservoirs for other dogs living nearby.4
- With the slow kill treatment, dogs should be restricted from activity for up to 2 years;5 when treating with DIROBAN, the recommended period of restricted activity is only 12 weeks.2
- Slow kill requires 100% pet owner compliance of monthly dosing for the duration of treatment up to 2 years.5 With DIROBAN, only 2 to 3 veterinary administrated doses are required during treatment.6
When compliance is a top concern, why take the risk?
A Product You Know, a Company You Can Rely On
- The active ingredient in DIROBAN, melarsomine dihydrochloride, has been demonstrated to be safe and effective in all dogs with Class 1, 2 and 3 heartworm disease.6
- Laboratory and clinical field trials demonstrated that treatment with melarsomine dihydrochloride reduces and/or clears Dirofilaria immitis infection in dogs with Class 1. 2 and 3 heartworm disease.6