AIDS IN PROTECTING HEALTHY DOGS FROM CD VIRUS, CAV-1, CAV-2 AND CPiV VIRUS
VANGUARD DAPi contains attenuated strains of canine distemper (CD) virus, canine adenovirus type 2 (CAV-2) and canine parainfluenza (CPiV) virus. It is an aid in protecting against the same diseases as VANGUARD DAMPi but does not contain measles virus, relying on modified live CD virus alone to help protect against CD.
CAV-2 cross-immunizes against CAV-1 to help protect dogs against infectious canine hepatitis (ICH) without producing post-vaccination side effects, including uveitis and corneal opacity, sometimes associated with CAV-1 vaccines.
Customer-friendly packaging includes peel-off labels to make record-keeping faster and more accurate, a color-coded organizing system, and an easy-open safety band.
Covered by the Companion Animal Immunization Support Guarantee
1. General Directions: Vaccination of healthy dogs is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the sterile diluent provided, shake well, and administer 1 mL subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
2. Primary Vaccination: Healthy dogs should receive 2 doses administered 3-4 weeks apart. If dogs are vaccinated before the age of 4 months, they should be revaccinated upon reaching 4 months of age. (Maternal antibodies may interfere with development of an adequate immune response in puppies less than 4 months old.)
3. The need for annual booster vaccinations has not been established for his product; consultation with a veterinarian is recommended.
PRECAUTIONS: 1. Store at 2°-7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
2. Use entire contents when first opened.
3. Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine. Do not sterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine.
4. Burn containers and all unused contents.
5. Contains gentamicin as preservative.
6. Vaccination of pregnant bitches should be avoided.
7. As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
8. This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.
Technical inquiries should be directed to Zoetis Technical Services, (800) 366-5288 (USA), (800) 461-0917 (Canada).
For veterinary use only