Uniquely formulated H2SO4 antimicrobial wash – an effective and economical beef processing aid.
Centron™ is a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)-approved antimicrobial, acidifier and processing aid for beef packers. Its unique blend of H2SO4 and buffering salts helps provide the antimicrobial benefits of a strong acid while minimizing adverse impact to personnel and equipment.
- Operator-friendly handling
- Stable in dilute and concentrate forms
- No off-gassing
- No significant lean discoloration or effect on flavor profile
- Minimally impacted by organic load, leading to recycle/reuse opportunities
- Effective against typical beef pathogens, including Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Salmonella spp.1,2
- Comprised of U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) ingredients1
- No labeling requirements3