1. Scan the top bar to find the vaccines you’d like to compare.
2. In the left-hand column, find the different antigens that are important for your operation, and eliminate any vaccines that do not contain these antigens.
3. By referring to the label claims chart in the lower left-hand corner, choose the vaccines that offer the highest level of protection for the disease organisms of interest. The chart lists label claims in descending order, with “Prevention of infection” being the highest level of protection.
4. Scan the DOI line to find the duration you can expect the vaccine to help protect your cattle. In general, a longer demonstrated DOI will be more likely to help protect your cattle during critical exposure periods. Look for the “Approved DOI Claim” symbol to help ensure the vaccine has a demonstrated DOI.
5. If you are vaccinating pregnant cattle, scan the “Approved for Use in Pregnant Cows” bar.
6. To help you make a final decision, refer to the “Route of Administration” line and the “Requires Two Initial Doses” symbol.