Tools & Resources for Your Practice
These resources explain the value of CERENIA® (maropitant citrate) in the treatment and/or the prevention of vomiting in dogs and cats.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 1467C-6O-O1-597, 2OO5 Zoetis Inc.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 1982C-6O-347, Zoetis Inc.
- de la Puente-Redondo VA, Tilt N, Rowan T, et al. Efficacy of maropitant for treatment and prevention of emesis caused by intravenous infusion of cisplatin in dogs. AJVR. 2OO7;68:48-56.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 196OC-6O-O3-672, 2OO4 Zoetis Inc.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 5961P-36-O1-247, 2OO4 Zoetis Inc.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 5961P-36-O1-248, 2OO5 Zoetis Inc.
- de la Puente-Redondo VA, Siedek EM, Benchaoui HA, et al. The anti-emetic efficacy of maropitant (Cerenia™) in the treatment of ongoing emesis caused by a wide range of underlying clinical aetiologies in canine patients in Europe. J Small Anim Pract. 2OO7;48:93-98.
- Washabau RJ, Elie MS. Antiemetic therapy. In: Kirk RW, Bonagura JD, eds. Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy XII Small Animal Practice. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 1995:679-684.
- Sedlacek HS, Ramsey DS, Boucher JF, et al. Comparative efficacy of maropitant and selected drugs in preventing emesis induced by centrally or peripherally acting emetogens in dogs. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2OO8;31:533-537.
- Hay Kraus BL. Efficacy of maropitant in preventing vomiting in dogs premedicated with hydromorphone. Vet Anaesth Analg. Epub 2O12 Oct 2O.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 1961R-6O-11-A81. 2O11 Zoetis Inc.
- Data on file, CERENIA® (maropitant citrate) Field Efficacy Study 1467C-6O-O1-597 Data Extraction and Analysis, 2O1O, Zoetis Inc.
- Lesman SP, Boucher JF, Grover GS, Cox SR, Bidgood TL. The pharmacokinetics of maropitant citrate dosed orally to dogs at 2 mg/kg and 8 mg/kg once daily for 14 consecutive days. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2O13;36(5):462-47O.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 1982C-6O-O9-347, 2O11 Zoetis Inc.
- CERENIA® (maropitant citrate): Package Insert. Injectable Solution U.S. Prescribing Information. NADA #141-263. Zoetis Inc, 2O14.
- CERENIA® (maropitant citrate): Freedom of Information Summary.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 1482N-6O-O8-331, 2OO9 Zoetis Inc.
- Data on file, Zoetis Inc. Cerenia Motion Sickness Incidence by Symptom. 2O12.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 1963C-6O-O3-655, 2OO5 Zoetis Inc
- Data on file, Study Report No. 596OC-85-O1-246, Zoetis Inc.
- Data on file, Study Report No. TI-O3333, 2O17 Zoetis.
- Kraus B, Cazlan C. Assessment of dog owner concern regarding perioperative nausea and vomiting and willingness to pay for antiemetic treatment. Vet Anaesth Analg. 2O15;42:A58.
- Ramsey D, Fleck T, Berg T, et al. Cerenia prevents perioperative nausea and vomiting and improves recovery in dogs undergoing routine surgery. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 2014;12(3):229-238.
- Prescribing Information
- Talking With Dog Owners About Surgery and CERENIA® (maropitant citrate)
- Canine Motion Sickness Toolkit: content for social media and your website, in-clinic video, print items
- Download the Clinician's Brief Roundtable on Approaches to Vomiting in Cats & Puppies
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: Use CERENIA Injectable for vomiting in cats 4 months and older; use subcutaneously for acute vomiting in dogs 2 to 4 months of age or either subcutaneously or intravenously in dogs 4 months of age and older. Use CERENIA Tablets for acute vomiting in dogs 2 months and older, and for prevention of vomiting due to motion sickness in dogs 4 months and older. Safe use has not been evaluated in cats and dogs with gastrointestinal obstruction, or those that have ingested toxins. Use with caution in cats and dogs with hepatic dysfunction. Pain/vocalization upon injection is a common side effect. In people, topical exposure may elicit localized allergic skin reactions, and repeated or prolonged exposure may lead to skin sensitization. Please see full Prescribing Information.
The product information provided in this site is intended only for residents of the United States. The products discussed herein may have different labeling in different countries. The animal health information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with an animal healthcare professional. All decisions regarding the care of a veterinary patient must be made with an animal healthcare professional, considering the unique characteristics of the patient.
All trademarks are the property of Zoetis Services LLC or a related company or a licensor unless otherwise noted.
Zoetis Services LLC. All rights reserved. CER-00225RI
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States