Following a calf and heifer wellness plan pays in the long run.
Work with your veterinarian — and other advisors specializing in calves — to establish protocols for nutrition, environmental management and disease prevention at these life stages:
- Newborn calves
- Unweaned calves
- Weaned heifers
- Breeding heifers
Take steps to better manage BRD:
- Identify on-farm pathogens
- Vaccinate for BRD
- Identify high-risk time periods
- Address outbreaks quickly
- Strategically use antibiotics for control during high-risk times
- Keep calf health records
- Meet nutritional requirements, including colostrum at birth
- Provide proper ventilation
Important Safety Information: Do not use in female dairy cattle 20 months of age or older. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal. A pre-slaughter withdrawal time has not been determined for pre-ruminating calves. Effects on reproductive performance, pregnancy and lactation have not been determined. DRAXXIN has a pre-slaughter withdrawal time of 18 days.See full prescribing information.
Dairy Wellness Makes a Difference?