Convenient base of ear
EXCEDE® (ceftiofur crystalline free acid) Sterile Suspension offers three approved, convenient base of ear (BOE) administration options that can fit any dairy herd health routine. All three options provide you with the same zero milk withholding and a 13-day meat withholding time following the last dose. The rotating graphic below details the three options.
Contact a Zoetis representative or your herd veterinarian for a demonstration to learn how to properly administer EXCEDE. For more information, reference the administration resources below.
Three base of ear administration methods
Download EXCEDE base of ear administration directions
Dosing and administration for EXCEDE
- Read the complete package insert before administering EXCEDE.
- Shake vial well before using.
- For treatment of acute metritis, EXCEDE is to be administered as a subcutaneous BOE at a dose of 1.5 mL per 100 lb. body weight, and repeat this dose in the opposite ear approximately 72 hours following the initial dose.
- For BRD and foot rot, EXCEDE is to be administered as a single subcutaneous injection BOE at a dose of 1.5 mL per 100 lb. body weight.
- Varying from the labeled route of administration can affect the length of meat or milk withdrawal times and could lead to violative milk and withdrawal times.
- Deliver full contents of the syringe.
- Do not administer in the neck.
- Most animals will respond to treatment within 3 to 5 days. If no improvement is observed, the diagnosis should be re-evaluated.
Dosing schedule for EXCEDE
Ventral BOE training video - English
Ventral BOE training video - Spanish
Rostral BOE training video - English
Rostral BOE training video - Spanish
Opposite Eye BOE training video - English
Opposite Eye BOE training video - Spanish
Prescribing information - English
Prescribing information - Spanish
Important Safety Information: As with all drugs, the use of EXCEDE is contraindicated in animals with known allergy to ceftiofur or to the ß-lactam group (penicillins and cephalosporins) of antimicrobials. Though safe in cattle when properly administered, inadvertent intra-arterial injection is possible and fatal. EXCEDE has a pre-slaughter withdrawal time of 13 days following the last dose in cattle. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.