Help keep your cattle protected against BRD
Preventing BRD helps reduce disease and death loss and can help cattle meet their genetic potential.
Cattle that never develop BRD are more productive and less costly than those that are treated for the disease. Typical BRD loses include:
- Increased susceptibility to secondary bacterial respiratory infections2
- Higher labor and treatment costs3,4
- Reduced average daily gain5
- Decreased feedlot performance and carcass merit5
Respiratory disease remains the most economically devastating condition in the beef industry.6
- Approximately 75% of feedlot illnesses7-9
- 50% of feedlot deaths7-9
Learn more about bovine respiratory disease.