Be Sure You Have The Coverage You Need
FluSure XP® Vaccine
FluSure XP® is a killed vaccine indicated for the vaccination of healthy swine, including pregnant sows and gilts, 3 weeks of age or older as an aid in preventing respiratory disease caused by IAV-S subtypes H1N1, H1N2 and H3N2 Clusters IV-A and IV-B.1
FluSure XP® covers the most relavent IAV-S subtypes circulating in swine production today.2
- The only commercial vaccine that covers H3N2 Clusters IV-A and IV-B.3,4 In 2016, Zoetis updated FluSure XP to cover H3N2 Clusters IV-A and IV-B — the most prevalent H3N2 clusters. H1N1 Delta-2 strain was removed, as it has been shown in surveillance to be of low prevalence in the United States.3
- Still the only commercial IAV-S vaccine that covers subtype H1N2.4
- Available in combination with other important antigens.
- Amphigen®, the adjuvant in FluSure XP, means excellent syringeability at any temperature, which makes vaccination easier and encourages compliance with Pork Quality Assurance® standards.
Safety of FluSure XP® in pregnant sows and gilts was demonstrated in three clinical studies.5,6,7 Out of 449 pregnant sows:
- No systemic reactions were reported.
- 99.5% of vaccinates were free of injection-site reactions.
- Vaccinated sows farrowed at 97.9% to 98.7% compared with controls who farrowed at 96% to 98.5%.
- No differences were observed between vaccinated sows and saline-vaccinated control sows in:
- Number of pigs born live
- Number of dead pigs
- Number of mummified pigs
Dosage and Administration
Healthy swine 3 weeks of age or older should receive two 2 mL doses administered intramuscularly approximately three weeks apart. In young pigs, vaccinate after maternally derived antibodies to IAV-S have declined. Mix diluent with care, using sterile techniques.
- 50 doses (SKU# 5275)
- 250 doses (SKU# 5276)
Available in Easy-To-Use Combinations
FluSure XP/FarrowSure® GOLD50 doses - SKU # 10015316
250 doses - SKU # 10015319
FluSure XP/ER Bac® Plus50 doses - SKU # 10015325
FluSure XP/FarrowSure® GOLD B50 doses - SKU # 10015320
FluSure XP/RespiSure®50 doses - SKU # 10015326
FluSure XP/RespiSure-ONE®50 doses - SKU # 10015328
FluSure XP/Sterile Diluent50 doses - SKU # 10015321
250 doses - SKU # 10015323
FluSure XP/RespiSure-ONE®/ER Bac® Plus50 doses - SKU # 10015330
Work with your herd's veterinarian to find the best vaccination strategy for your operation.
Now with expanded H3N2 coverage, FluSure XP® is designed to keep up with changing needs to help protect against the most prevalent influenza strains impacting swine farms today.11
- FluSure XP® [package]. Kalamazoo, MI: Zoetis Services LLC; 2016.
- Veterinary Services, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services, US Department of Agriculture. Influenza A Virus in Swine Surveillance: Fiscal Year 2015 Quarterly Report; Surveillance Summary for Fourth Quarter FY 2015. Published February 2016. https://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/animal_dis_spec/swine/downloads/fy2015quarter4swinereport.pdf
- Data on file, Study Report No. B827R-US-13-156, Zoetis Inc.
- Sandbulte MR, Spickler AR, Zaabel PK, Roth JA. Optimal use of vaccines for control of influenza A virus in swine. Vaccines. 2015;3(1):22-73.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 2424H-60-01-047, Zoetis Inc.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 2424H-60-01-048, Zoetis Inc.
- Data on file, Study Report No. 2424H-60-01-049, Zoetis Inc.
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States