Helping guard against current flu strains
FluSure XP® has been updated to include a fourth strain of swine influenza virus (SIV) to help protect against the important subtypes and clusters circulating in swine today.
Now the only commercial product to contain an H1N2 subtype, FluSure XP still contains two H1N1s and an H3N2 subtype.
Challenge studies have demonstrated that FluSure XP helps provide cross-protection against five clusters or subclusters of H1 viruses, plus H3N2.1-7
- Alpha H1N1
- Beta H1N1
- Gamma H1N1
- Delta 1 H1N2
- Delta 2 H1N1
- Cluster IV H3N2
Researchers recently identified the subclusters Delta 1 and Delta 2 in the Delta H1 cluster.8-11 That?s why Zoetis updated FluSure XP in 2011 to include a Delta 1 H1N2 strain.
- 50 doses (SKU# 5275)
- 250 doses (SKU# 5276)
1. Kitikoon P, Nilubol D, Vincent A, Yu S, Erickson B, Janke B, Hoover T, Sornsen S, Thacker E. Immune response and effect of maternal antibody interference on vaccination with a bivalent swine influenza vaccine. Proceedings of the 18th IPVS Congress. Hamburg, Germany. 2004;1:386.
2. Gramer M. Epidemiology of swine influenza and implications of reassortment. 2004 Allen D. Leman Swine Conference. 2004; p69-73.
3. Data on file, Study Report No. 3127R-60-10-917, Zoetis Inc.
4. Data on file, Study Report No, 2124C-60-00301-060, Zoetis Inc.
5. Rapp-Gabrielson V, Wicklund E, Ficken M. Efficacy of FluSure against challenge with heterologous reassortant swine influenza H1N1 viruses. 2005 Allen D. Leman Conference 2005;32 (Supplement):14.
6. Data on file, Study Report No. 3121R-60-07-538, Zoetis Inc.
7. Data on file, Study Report No. 3121R-60-07-529, Zoetis Inc.
8. Vincent A, Ma W, Lager K, Gramer M, Richt J, Janke B. 2009. Characterization of a newly emerged genetic cluster of H1N1 and H1N2 swine influenza virus in the United States. Virus Genes. 39:176-185.
9. Vincent A, Harland M, Lorusso A, et al. 2010. Genetic and antigenic characterization of 2008 swine influenza viruses from the United States. Proceed. 21st IPVS, p.259.
10. Rapp-Gabrielson V, Nitzel G, Yonkers T, et al. 2010. Antigenic and genetic variations of endemic human-like (delta cluster) swine influenza H1N1 and H1N2 field isolates from the United States. Proceed. 41st AASV, p 377-78.
11. Rapp-Gabrielson V, Evan J, Czach J, et al. 2010. Antigenic and genetic diversity of delta cluster swine influenza virus H1N1 and H1N2 field isolates from the United States. Proceed 21st IPVS, p.258.
12. Genetic comparison of viruses characterized by the University of Minnesota Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory in the last three years demonstrated that 9 out of 10 currently circulating U.S. strains were at least 90% homologous to FluSure XP and/or FluSure Pandemic strains.
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States