Home / Confirmatory Testing
Here is what you can expect when you make a request for confirmatory testing through Zoetis Labs.
We will create a new case and establish a case number. You will receive a FedEx mailing label either by fax or email along with sample preparation instructions. You will also be provided the case number on the instruction sheet. If your request is made before 3 PM EST, it will be processed the same business day (within 12 business hours). If after 3 PM EST, the call tag will be processed the following business day.
Please follow these guidelines when preparing a sample:
- No samples in syringes.
- Sample should be serum, plasma or anticoagulated whole blood. EDTA, heparin or serum tube required.
- At least 0.5 mL is desirable.
- Identify tube(s) with Patient ID, Case #201X-US-XXXXX and one of the following: HW, FeLV or FIV-ZOETIS.
- HW and FeLV confirmatory testing: Zoetis will supply a FedEx label to your clinic for sample submission to our Zoetis laboratory. Do not arrange for FedEx pickup on Fridays or the day before a federal holiday.
FIV confirmatory testing: Zoetis will fax an Antech laboratory request to you for FIV IFA. Once you receive the label please send the sample to Antech via your normal Antech process. If you do not have an Antech account, please select "No" where appropriate on the form below and we will provide a FedEx call tag.
- Ship on ice, if possible.
- Protect the sample from damage during shipment.
- Include cover page/ instruction sheet with patient(s) name and case number with sample shipment.
Only one FedEx label will be sent per clinic per day; new submissions will only get a cover sheet. Please submit as usual but place all cover sheets received into each shipment.
Your sample will be tested the day it is received. We will fax/email the results within 48 to 72 hours after receiving the sample.
Please do not arrange for FedEx pickup on Fridays, or on the day of or day before the listed dates when the lab will be closed. Call tags will not be processed, samples will not be accepted or tested, and results will not be sent on the following 2018 lab holidays:
- Monday January 1st (New Year's Day)
- Monday January 15th (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- Monday February 19th (Presidents Day)
- Monday May 28th (Memorial Day)
- Wednesday July 4th (Independence Day)
- Monday September 3rd (Labor Day)
- Thursday November 22nd (Thanksgiving Day)
- Friday November 23rd (Day after Thanksgiving)
- Monday December 24th (Christmas Eve Day)
- Tuesday December 25th (Christmas Day)
- Monday December 31st (New Year’s Eve)
Please provide the following information:
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States