IN CHALLENGING TIMES, YOU NEED AN ADVANTAGE.
GeneMax Advantage Empowers You to Decide with Confidence
Helps avoid costly mistakes by enabling the selection of the right heifers and breeding them the right way to produce valuable calves by:
A trusted product.
GeneMax® Advantage™ was created through a collaboration between Angus Genetics Inc. (AGI), Certified Angus Beef® and Zoetis. It is intended for use in commercial Black Angus females (75% or greater).
- Part of an integrated Angus genetic game plan for bull-buying based on GE-EPDs powered by HD 50K, use GeneMax Advantage for selecting and mating Angus-based replacement females and GeneMax Focus for predicting feedlot growth and marbling
- Easy and dependable evaluation of commercial Angus females for maternal, feedlot, carcass and eating satisfaction traits
- Delivers Smart Outlier Reporting for customized selection and mating decisions
- Includes Sire Match from the registered, transferred, HD 50K-tested Angus bull battery that produced tested daughters to help you manage inbreeding
GeneMax Advantage delivers three economic index scores that allow for easier, more dependable decision-making:
- Total Advantage – Select the best overall heifers with one simple number. This index predicts differences in profitability from genetic merit across all economically relevant traits captured in the Cow Advantage and Feeder Advantage index scores.
- Cow Advantage – Select heifers that are superior at calving and developing the most valuable calves through weaning. This index ranks females for differences in the following maternal traits: Calving Ease Maternal (CEM), Weaning Weight (WW), Heifer Pregnancy (HP) and Milk and Mature Weight (MW).
- Feeder Advantage – Select heifers that are superior at producing the most valuable heifers from weaning to CAB Carcass. This index ranks females for differences in terminal traits, including: Dry Matter Intake (DMI), Carcass Weight (CW), Marbling and Yield Grade traits, as valued on CAB type grids.
For more GeneMax Advantage Resources, please download:
Smart Outlier Reporting flexibility identifies animals using producer defined thresholds for out-of-bounds genetics for cow costs, animal handling and consumer satisfaction traits:
- Cow Cost: High cow maintenance and production costs associated with genetics for combined mature cow size and milk production
- Docility: Potential troublemakers due to unacceptable temperament
- Tenderness: Least desirable for tenderness as determined by genomic predictions for Warner-Bratzler shear force
ADVANCED GENOMIC SOLUTIONS: LEARN MORE.
Unlock the value of your herd’s genetic potential.Email this page to yourself or a friend
Click here to view more materials available in the Zoetis Genetics resource center.
In The News
- January 5, 2017 - Iowa Farmer Today Producers have many tools to make best genetic selections
- December 2016 - Brangus Journal The Dance Steps of Genomics Part II: Using Genomics in Your Herd
- December 1, 2016 - Progressive Cattleman Seedstock panel addresses ways to capture the value of good genetics
- December 1, 2016 - AgriLand How the genomics scheme saved suckler farm margins in 2016
- November 23, 2016 - The Cattle Site Massive Funding Boost for New Zealand Beef Genetics Research
FIRST TIME CUSTOMER?
New to Zoetis Genetics? Please give us a call at 877-233-3362 so we can walk you through available options.
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
GeneMax Advantage is exclusively distributed and ordered through our partners at AGI.Click here to place your order online through AGI or download a GeneMax Advantage Excel® Order Form.
Watch Sample Collection Videos
Collecting a high-quality sample is the first step to receiving accurate genomic results. Find out more here.
Find answers to common questions about the Zoetis Genetics ordering process here. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us at 877-233-3362 and we’ll be glad to help.
SEND FORM AND SAMPLES
Mail your order and testing kit samples to:
Angus Genetics Inc. (AGI)
3201 Frederick Avenue
Saint Joseph, MO 64506
UNDERSTANDING YOUR RESULTS
The following guides explain the testing results and reports we will provide to you.
- Belgium (French)
- Belgium (Dutch)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States